We wanted to update you on what you can expect when you visit the practice.
Our commitment to safety
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and our processes are designed to ensure your care is both safe and comfortable.
Our practice follows infection control guidelines made by the governing bodies and we are fully up-to-date on the new guidance that has been issued.
What to expect when you visit our practice
In accordance with the new guidance, we’ve made changes to help protect both our patients and staff:
- Appointments will be scheduled to help allow for social distancing between patients. No one will be able to enter without a pre-arranged appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as numbers of patients in the waiting area at any one time.
- You will be asked to attend all appointments alone unless you are accompanying a child for their appointment.
- We will call you prior to an in-clinic appointment to ask some COVID-19 screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the clinic.
- You may have your temperature checked when you arrive at the clinic door & if it is in excess of 37.8 degrees, unfortunately we will not be able to see you and will reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- We have made hand sanitizers available which we will ask you to use when you enter and exit the clinic. You will also find these in the reception area and in other locations for you to use as needed.
- You will be asked to wear a face covering before you visit our clinic. This does not need to be a medical-grade mask, although these do offer greater protection for all.
- You will be asked to place all belongings into a provided bag. Also, we ask that you bring your own pen.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, to reduce the chance of any cross-infection.
- The toilet may be unavailable.
- Please use contactless forms of payment wherever possible.
- Any patient suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 should not enter the practice.
This may seem quite daunting, but we will try to make your visit as comfortable and safe as we can.
Thank you again for your understanding.
The Middle Lane Dental team